Restorative Nursing Seminar for Long Term Care
“Restorative Nursing Programs” refers to nursing interventions that promote the resident’s ability
to adapt and adjust to living as independently and safely as possible. This concept actively
focuses on achieving and maintaining optimal physical, mental and psychosocial functioning.
At the completion of this session, participants should be able to:
• Define Restorative Nursing
• Identify benefits to residents and benefits to the facility from Restorative Nursing Programs
• Identify the components of a Restorative Nursing Program
• Understand and apply RAI criteria for Restorative Nursing Programs
• Determine which Restorative programs would be beneficial for your residents.
This is a not a seminar to teach Restorative Aides Restorative nursing techniques i.e. ROM, toileting, etc.